In 2007, Apple changed the world with the invention of the world's first smartphone - the iPhone.
Watch the first 4 minutes of Steve Job introducing the iPhone for the first time and see if you can hear 4 words he uses which mean these things (the first letter of each word is given):
- r - adj. something that is completely new and has a big effect
- b - adj. something that is important and helps solve a problem
- w - adj. a screen that is longer from left to right than from top to bottom
- s - adj. a device that uses intelligence to do very new things
We'll start our lesson by checking your answers.
You'll need to book a lesson.
You’ll receive an activity sheet after the lesson to help review and summarize the lesson. [To type on PDFs: 1) download Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (free), 2) Tools -> Fill & Sign]
Check your answers
A - Describing a product
1. a) easy-to-use, high-quality, lightweight, multi-functional, stylish
b) high-quality, lightweight, non-stick, steel, stylish
c) high-quality, stylish, wooden
B - Order of adjectives
1. a) fashionable, Italian, wooden
b) amazing, steel, non-stick
c) stylish, lightweight, multi-functional
d) strong, 2 metre-long, double-sided
e) stylish, medium-sized, blue, cotton
f) modern, sky-blue, German
C - Phrases to sell products
1. a) I wonder if I could have a minute of your time
b) it's perfect for ...
c) it's suitable for ...
d) it ... 10 times as ... as ...
e) it comes with a ...
f) it comes in a set of ...
To type answers on PDFs: 1) download Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (free), 2) Tools > Fill & Sign
Now it’s time to sell your product!
- Select a product that you own.
- Develop a sales presentation for this product, considering: a) the order of adjectives used to describe it, b) language used to ‘sell’ the product.
- Practise your presentation in front of a mirror, watching and improving your body language and delivery, until you are confident you can say it naturally without reading from your notes.
- Record yourself selling the product.
- Send me your recording and I’ll give you some feedback!