Watch this video by Ed Muzio on ‘Brainstorming Done Right!’ and answer these questions:
- Have you ever experienced this method of brainstorming before?
- Do you agree with the dos and don’ts?
We'll start our lesson by discussing your thoughts.
You'll need to book a lesson.
You’ll receive an activity sheet after the lesson to help review and summarize the lesson. [To type on PDFs: 1) download Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (free), 2) Tools -> Fill & Sign]
Check your answers
A - Expressing ideas
1. a) come up with
b) an idea
c) a brainwave
d) lightbulb moment
e) thinking outside the box
f) lateral thinking
g) creative thinking
2. Own answers
B - Effective brainstorming
1. a) ask clarification questions,
b) ask judging questions,
force participation or sequence
2. brainstorm > categorise > reduce > analyse
To type answers on PDFs: 1) download Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (free), 2) Tools > Fill & Sign
Read this article from Forbes for ‘7 Ways to Enliven Your Next Brainstorming Session‘.
- How do these compare to Ed Muzio’s method?
- Which would you like to try out in your next meeting?