1. Watch this video, where Sarah is attending a job interview.
As you watch for the first time, think about these questions:
During the video, Sarah was asked:
– “Can you give us an example of when you had to deal with a particularly difficult managee?”
– “Can you tell us about a time when you had to close a particularly challenging deal?”
2. Watch the video again and think about these questions:
We'll start our lesson by discussing your thoughts.
You'll need to book a lesson.
You’ll receive an activity sheet after the lesson to help review and summarize the lesson. [To type on PDFs: 1) download Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (free), 2) Tools -> Fill & Sign]
A - Behavioural competency
1. a) decisiveness
d) interpersonal skills
e) organizational skills
f) detail orientation
B - Structuring answers
1. a) situation, task, action, result
2. a) A
During the lesson, we looked at competency-based interviews.
Read this article, which explains 31 competencies split into three groups:
a) people, b) business, and c) self-management.
Create a bank of responses using the STAR technique for competencies relevant to your career or companies you are applying for. If you’ve completed the review sheet, then you’ve have already done eight!